This information charter sets out the standards that you can expect from LGSS when we request or hold personal information about you. It also explains how you can access your personal data, and what you can do if you think standards are not being met.
What is personal information?
Personal data is information that relates to living individuals. It does not include information relating to the deceased or to groups or communities of people, organisations or businesses or aggregate statistical information.
How we manage personal information
The Data Protection Act 1998 regulates the management of personal information. We need to handle personal information about you so that we can provide services for you. The following information outlines the way in which we look after that information.
When we ask you for personal information we promise to:
- make sure you know why we need it
- only ask for what we need and not to collect too much or irrelevant information
- protect it and make sure no unauthorised person has access to it
- only share it with other organisations as the law allows
- let you know if we share it with other organisations to provide you with better services and if you can refuse
- make sure we don't keep it longer than necessary
- give you a description of the information we hold about you
- tell you why we are holding the information
- tell you who it could be disclosed to
- let you have a copy of the information
In dealing with your information we will:
- abide by the law in handling your personal information
- consider the risks when we are planning to use or hold personal information in new ways
- provide training to staff who handle personal information and respond appropriately if personal information is not used or protected properly
In return, we ask you to:
- give us accurate information
- tell us as soon as possible if there are any changes, such as a new address. This helps us to keep your information reliable and up to date
What is Non-personal information?
Non-personal information is information which does not identify any individuals but is provided to LGSS in the normal course of business. This can include tender documentation and service specifications.
When we deal with non-personal information?
The Freedom of Information Act and the Environmental Information Regulations require us to consider any request for access to non-personal information. When this information is requested we will:
Seek the view of the organisation who provided us with the information
Release only the information which cannot be reasonably covered by one of the exemptions of the Acts
Work in a spirit of openness and transparency
Maintain a honest dialogue with organisations so that they understand our obligations to them as our customers
Through these commitments, we will keep to the law, including the Data Protection Act 1998 and the Freedom of Information Act 2000.
To get independent advice about data protection, privacy and data-sharing issues, you can contact:
Information Commissioner's Office
Telephone: 0303 123 1113 or 01625 54 57 45
Fax: 01625 524510